In Episode 38 of Apolitical we welcome former guests Carolyn Scott, James McEnaney and Ian Dunn to discuss the parties contesting this year’s Scottish elections. In this episode we consider each party’s policy platform and look for the problems and challenges they are likely to face.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss on the podcast are:
• The highlights of the fourth Scottish Parliament;
• How the 2016 campaign has been going;
• Policy platforms for all of the parties contesting the election;
• Weaknesses, issues and problems that could hold each party back;
• Whether there is any prospect at all of the SNP failing to win a majority in May.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app.
View our house rules for commenting here.
Scottish Labour Manifesto (released after recording)
Scottish Liberal Democrats Manifesto
Scottish Conservatives Manifesto
UKIP Scotland Manifesto
Scottish Communist Party Manifesto
Women’s Equality Party Manifesto
Scottish Greens Manifesto