In Episode 45 of Apolitical we discuss the case for Leaving the European Union with Tom Harris, the former Scottish Labour MP who is heading up Vote Leave Scotland.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss with Tom on the podcast are:
• His personal reasons for supporting a Leave vote;
• The infamous £350m per week figure and what it means;
• Whether people can really expect any savings resulting from a Leave vote to be invested in the NHS;
• Additional powers that would accrue to Holyrood in the event of the UK leaving the EU;
• How to make a moderate case in support of a cause backed by extremists;
• Where changes to immigration could be made to benefit the UK after leaving the EU;
• How the murder of Jo Cox relates to the referendum campaign and the challenges of campaigning sensitively in the wake of such an event;
• Plans for the last few days of the campaign;
• Tom’s prediction for the outcome of the Referendum.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app.
View our house rules for commenting here.