In Episode 25 of Apolitical we speak with James McEnaney, an educator and writer who contributes a regular column to Common Space. We chat about diversity in the ‘Yes’ movement; the impact of Jeremy Corbyn’s election on Scottish politics; and the Scottish education system.
Amongst the topics we discuss with James on the podcast are:
• His initial introduction to politics;
• Party politics and political activism;
• His writing background and how he came to write for Common Space;
• Whether the Yes movement has remained intact since 2014’s referendum;
• The SNP dominance of pro-independence politics and whether that is a good thing;
• Divisive issues facing independence supporters;
• Jeremy Corbyn’s election as Labour leader and how that impacts on Scottish politics;
• What the biggest issues with the Scottish education system are and how to address them.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.