In Episode 6 of apolitical – recorded prior to the General Election – we speak with Cllr. Paul Kelly, a Scottish Labour councillor for Motherwell who was Frank Roy’s election agent during the 2015 Election. Outwith a dicey election prediction, we chat about local government, Jim Murphy’s leadership and why he can’t see Labour working with the SNP.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss with Paul on the podcast are:
• The impact of the Ravenscraig closure on his political views;
• The Labour figures he views as role models;
• His predictions ahead of the 2015 General Election;
• How he sees the health of Scottish Labour more generally;
• Whether Scottish Labour is hampered by being seen as a party of Unionism;
• How to tackle child poverty in Scotland;
• Why there is no room for co-operation between Scottish Labour and the SNP; and
• His views on local government and what changes can be made to deliver better outcomes on a local level.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
View our house rules for commenting here.
North Lanarkshire Labour
Cllr Paul Kelly on Twitter