In Episode 33 of Apolitical we welcome Councillor Monica Lennon as our second guest of Season 2. Monica is a councillor for Hamilton North & East and is placed second on Scottish Labour’s list for the Central Scotland region at the upcoming Scottish Parliament elections.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss with Monica on the podcast, which was recorded prior to the results of Scottish Labour’s regional list selection being announced, are:
• Her work as a councillor in Hamilton;
• The high and low points of her time in that role so far;
• Her assessment of Scottish Labour’s prospects at the upcoming Scottish Parliament elections;
• Thoughts on Kezia Dugdale’s leadership and whether a bad election would threaten it;
• Cuts to council budgets and what they mean;
• Her involvement in Women 50:50;
• Her hopes for Scottish Labour’s future success.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app.
View our house rules for commenting here.
Monica on Twitter