In Episode 31 of Apolitical we speak with Liam Stevenson, a co-founder of the TIE Campaign which seeks to ensure that all schools in Scotland are offering an LGBTI+ inclusive education. We chat about how he came to be involved in the campaign; why TIE is necessary; and what lies ahead for the campaign.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss with Liam on the podcast are:
• The aims of the TIE campaign;
• Liam’s thoughts on the inspiration behind the campaign;
• His introduction to politics and thoughts on why TIE is important;
• Challenges faced by LGBTI+ kids on a daily basis;
• What TIE has achieved so far and their goals for the coming months;
• The inadequacy of the Scottish Government’s position on LGBTI+ issues;
• The responsibility of being seen as speaking for a community he is not a part of;
• His hopes for the future of the TIE campaign and what can be realistically achieved.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher or on your usual podcast app.
View our house rules for commenting here.
Attitude‘s assessment of the SNP’s manifesto on LGBT issues
TIE Campaign on Twitter