In Episode 11 of Apolitical we speak with Terry Anderson, a cartoonist who put together The Auld Acquaintance, a referendum-themed exhibition. We chat about Terry’s political involvement; the exhibition; freedom of speech; and future prospects for Scottish political cartoonists.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Amongst the topics we discuss with Terry on the podcast are:
• Challenges facing cartoonists around the world;
• His The Auld Acquaintance exhibition;
• The Charlie Hebdo murders and the surrounding issues;
• Freedom of Speech and the right to offend;
• The weaponisation of cartoons; and
• The collective prospects for political cartoonists in Scotland.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
View our house rules for commenting here.
Terry Anderson’s website
Terry Anderson on Twitter
The Auld Acquaintance exhibition
See The Auld Acquaintance in 2015
Scottish Cartoon Art Studio
Scottish Artists Union
Cartoonist Rights Network International
One thought to “#11: Terry Anderson”
Comments are closed.