In Episode 11 of Apolitical we speak with Terry Anderson, a cartoonist who put together The Auld Acquaintance, a referendum-themed exhibition. We chat about Terry’s political involvement; the exhibition; freedom of speech; and future prospects for Scottish political cartoonists.
Amongst the topics we discuss with Terry on the podcast are:
• Challenges facing cartoonists around the world;
• His The Auld Acquaintance exhibition;
• The Charlie Hebdo murders and the surrounding issues;
• Freedom of Speech and the right to offend;
• The weaponisation of cartoons; and
• The collective prospects for political cartoonists in Scotland.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.
Terry Anderson’s website
Terry Anderson on Twitter
The Auld Acquaintance exhibition
See The Auld Acquaintance in 2015
Scottish Cartoon Art Studio
Scottish Artists Union
Cartoonist Rights Network International